Sunday, August 31, 2014

Friday, October 16, 2009

viva-la-dslr !

I got around to kitting myself up with a nice DSLR this week - so can finally uploade some nice pics of the deck and fan the feathers a bit! I'll be uploading some HD videos next week that will walk through the deck layout and explain some stuff...and maybe a decent quality short mix while I'm at it...









Sunday, September 27, 2009

project.Play();

Here's some short demo videos, sorry about the rubbish quality but I only have a mobile phone for a camera. There's a longer explanation video on the way once a decent camera becomes available. This only shows the first song in one set so isn't very expansive.

If anyone wants to donate a HD video camera I promise I'll make better videos.

Video 1    Video 2


Saturday, June 27, 2009

studio creative



Have been busy working on the music side of things finally. Am putting together a DnB set & a Prog/House/Acid set, each will have around 8 songs to stuff about with. I'll keep the links here updated with the downloads but the downloads won't contain the WAV content files (too big - mail me if you want them). Watch this space in the next couple of weeks for a psychill/ambient set download. Also next week I'll be uploading a mix down of both the DnB and Prog sets (will just be a rough draft mix).

Also - here's a late post of a short video me and a friend took before I got the deck finished (notice theres no top plate/etc).


Sunday, May 24, 2009

project.Close();

That's it - the project is complete!

After 12 months and $2000, spawned from a simple idea that was inspired by Robert Henke and made possible by TK and the Midibox community; I've given birth to a real life working MIDI controller deck! I don't know what else to say except to thank those who helped and I hope this blog serves as an inspiration or assistance to others wishing to embark on such a project. Well - now it's time to get down to business and work on some sets...












Thursday, May 21, 2009

almost done

Finally got around to ordering the front plate! I ended up getting laser-cut mat-black acrylic, mostly because it was going to cost around $400-$600 to get in black anodized ali and I've ran out of money and need to be realistic. It ended up costing around $150 for supply and machining which is very fair, Jason @ Plastix was a great help and the job was delivered well above expectations. I basically provided them with my Visio layout, exported as a DXF which they fed that into their laser cutter and the finished product looks great.

I'm yet to decide on getting any printing/artwork done on the face plate or not - it will do plain matt black for now. Also I need to annodize/paint the frame sides so they're black like the rest (annodized will cost around $70, paint will cost around $20). Also I might get some nice stained timber side pieces to compliment the overall design and match the look of my Virus KB, but maybe not. There's a lot more I should write here but I've lost momentum in the whole documentation process, my apologies.

I had to also open her up today and fix some broken solder joints and fix hardware bugs, hopefully that's the last of them. Software-wise she's now running about 99% stable so that's very cool...I'm spending most of my time now working creative on the sets. There's a dnb set and a proggy set so far - I'll post both of them up here once they mature a little.

As promised, in a few weeks I'll clean this project doco up and move it to a wiki page on midibox site so it's where it belongs. I'll post a link here when I do...till then there might be more to come....but some nice pics for now.











Friday, April 3, 2009

major code refactor

have spent much time this week and today working on getting all the code functional & tight...can say after some great input from the midibox community and liveapi group i've managed to get a handle on it...big ups and cheers to bugfight, ultra, dee & julian for your help guys 

all my code is downloadable from the right hand side in the download section

'aight