Tuesday, December 16, 2008

housing - external connectors

I wanted to keep connectors to a minimum - power + MIDI. For power because I decided to mix it with the big boys and try a mains PSU this meant an IEC socket and I decided for a switch which would control mains to my PSU (for safety I guess). Then I found some nice black square MIDI sockets at JayCar and decided to whack 4 of these in to cover for future extensibility. That only left 2 5mm LED moutings for activity MIDI in/out. Well by the pics I guess you can make the rest up in your head.








Lining up and drawing where things might hope to end up, then drilling large guide holes big enough for the jigsaw blad to fit through - then cut remaining stuff with the jigsaw being carefull not to say bad things about your mother.



Jigsaw - the poor man's laser cutter.




Carefully file the living shit out what's left until your arms ache, your fingertips are bleeding and your floor is silver dust - hopefully then you end up with a snug fit.




Praise angels again - an awesome finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment