Thursday, December 18, 2008

power supply and mains wiring

If you've taken a shock from 240v mains power you know it ain't fun...but it makes you respect the dangers involved which I believe anyone wanting to fool with electronics must one day face. Because I wanted to play with the big boys and whack a mains PSU in my unit I was going to have to face those 3 evil little wires again. I seriously took my time with this part and used the multimeter to tripple check everything I did. My solder joints here will survive long after the last cockroach has died after the next holocaust, which is good. After I soldered everything up, went and bought an electrical fire extinguisher from the hardware shop and got '000' dialed up ready into my mobile phone it was time to plug it all in and hope nothing blew up.


Success - we have go for power sir!


No comments:

Post a Comment